Acid-base website !
See this easy to navigate and calculate acid-base disorders website. Simply compute your numbers and have mutiple/overlapping disorder in few seconds instead of lengthy calculations.
Calculator can be find here
The physiological basis of acid-base disorder is discussed in detail. The online text is available free for HTML version (pdf has charge). Book has 9 chapters including
- Body Fluids,
- Goals, Definitions, and Basic Principles,
- The Simplest Acid-Base System: Pure Water,
- Strong Ions and the Strong Ion Difference,
- Weak electrolytes and buffers,
- Strong ions plus carbon dioxide (isolated, intact interstitial fluid),
- Strong ions plus carbon dioxide plus weak acid: isolated blood plasma and isolated intracellular fluid,
- Interactions between body fluids and
- Whole-body acid-base balance
Book can be read here
(we added calculator in our calculators section - see side bar)